Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, where we provide detailed insights into MOT – a life-skills training Non-Profit Organisation. We are part of a global network that empowers youth with the courage to live, care, and say no through various programme interventions. Explore this page to discover what MOT stands for, how it collaborates with schools, colleges, and community organizations, and what sets it apart from other training and youth development initiatives. Have questions? We’ve got answers – dive in and explore the world of MOT!
WHAT IS MOT?
MOT (pronounced ‘moet’) is a comprehensive, global life skills programme aimed at strengthening youth’s awareness and courage to live, courage to care, and courage to say no.
MOT strengthens youth’s robustness, mastery of life, mental health, awareness and courage.
MOT promotes safe class environments where all are included.
WHAT DOES MOT STAND FOR?
MOT is a Norwegian word that means ‘courage’.
WHAT EXACTLY DOES MOT DO WITH SCHOOLS, COLLEGES, COMMUNITY ORGANISATION
MOT provides global life skills programmes and aims to strengthen youth’s awareness, resilience and courage.
MOT does this by partnering with educational institutions and community organizations to deliver the programme. We train educators and/or youth workers to become MOT coaches, who then facilitate of the MOT life skills programme in their institutions over a maximum of 3 years.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF A MOT PROGRAMME?
The MOT programme has two main programmes that are currently being offered at MOT sites:,
- Robust Youth 12-16, which targets MOT schools and organizations
- Robust Youth 16-35, which targets MOT colleges.
The MOT life skills curriculum comprises 12 sessions rolled out over a minimum 12 months to a maximum of 3 years, depending on the nature of the institution.
Additionally, MOT has a programme designed for Corporates. Individuals and teams can learn how to:
- work more efficiently and effectively,
- build stronger relationships with colleagues,
- become more resilient in the face of challenges
WHAT MAKES MOT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER TRAINING AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATIONS?
MOT is a culture building tool and does not only focus on empowering youth but also a society builder.
MOT has a positive approach, focusing on the solution rather than the problem. The programmes strengthen the individual’s robustness and awareness and promote robust and constructive relationships – safe class environments, inclusive school cultures and sustainable local communities.
MOT invites you to understand yourself as individuals and empowers you to take charge of your own learning and development.
The programmes comprise practical tools, such as storytelling, thought-provoking questions that allows for youth to reflect on their beliefs, convictions and those of their peers, group work and discussions and fun.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES YOU MEASURE?
- Youth who are more focused and committed to improve their academic and professional performance
- Youth who are self-aware, active citizens and role models and in their community and in their spheres of influence
- Youth who feel included and actively contribute to the team
- Youth who make conscious choices and take responsibility for their own lives and future
- A team culture of respect, accountability and inclusion
- Improved social and mental wellness
DO SCHOOLS, COLLEGES PAY FOR MOT’S SERVICES?
Yes, the schools and colleges pay a yearly subscription fee.
WHAT DOES IT COST PER SCHOOL/CORPORATE FOR THE PROGRAMME TO BE IMPLEMENTED?
- MOT Programme at Schools, Colleges, Organisations: R7500 per year, which increases annually.
- MOT for Corporates: The exact pricing is determined after assessing the company’s needs and requirements. Please contact the MOT Office via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HOW CAN YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH MOT SOUTH AFRICA
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: @MOTSOUTHAFRICA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MotSouthAfrica/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/motsouthafrica/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MOTsouthafrica
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mot-sa/
- Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@motsouthafrica
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MOTSouthAfrica
- Newsletter sign up: http://eepurl.com/cQaXCr