We live in a world where Gender Based Violence (GBV) continues to fester and plague our communities,it is of utmost importance for us to root out and take proactive measures to combat this issue. Starting on the 20th of September MOT hosted their ‘Men Show Courage’ a 2 day event at the West Coast TVET […]
MOT SA hosts first MOT Coaches’ Basic Education in Cape Town
MOT South Africa hosted their first MOT Coaches’ Basic Education of the year between 5 to 7 May 7, 2023, at the College of Cape Town, Crawford Campus. The event was attended by 35 educators, community and social workers from various TVET Colleges, High schools, and Community Organisations in the Western Cape.
What is a MOT Coach?
A MOT Coach facilitates the life-skills sessions aimed at youth’s resilience, awareness courage – Courage to Live, Courage to Care, and Courage to Say No.
Being trained to become a MOT Coach requires you to be Passionate, Youthful, Innovative and Sincere (P-YIS). That you have the motivation to develop robust youth who include, and this is precisely what our MOT Coaches have!
Highlights of the weekend
One of the highlights of the event was the life shield activity. The activity allowed the trainees to share their goals, dreams, and passions with each other, creating a sense of camaraderie and understanding. One of the MOT Coaches shared an inspiring story about a child asking her if she dreads coming to school. She responded that she was excited because she had the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children she works with. The activity helped to build a foundation for the MOT Coaches’ future work as MOT Coaches.
Another highlight was the 1-6 exercise, which gave the trainees an opportunity to put themselves in the shoes of others. The feedback on this activity was phenomenal, with the trainees describing it as eye-opening and helping them to be more empathetic.
MOT Coaches’ Feedback
The feedback from the MOT Coaches was positive and inspiring. They described the event as informative and fulfilling, with the perception they had before changed. They expressed excitement about the implementation of the MOT sessions and the tools and activities they acquired to reach and impact the youth better.
Below are some of the feedback received:
- I learned so much this weekend, and my perception has changed. I used to think one way, but now I see things differently. I am excited to apply what I learned as a MOT Coach and help make a difference. – Ernest Petersen from Gardens Commercial High
- I can’t wait to implement what I’ve learned this weekend and the difference it will bring to my learners! – Jay Dee van Harte from Gardens Commercial High
- I am so excited about the implementation of the MOT Sessions. We have now been equipped with the knowledge and tools to bring MOT’s message across and reach our youth better. – Lincey Solomons from Gardens Commercial High
- I am passionate about making a positive change in the lives of youth, and that’s why I chose to become a MOT Coach. Through this training, I feel equipped to make a meaningful impact in the youth’s lives. I am excited to use the tools and knowledge gained and I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of MOT. – Samantha May Jacobs from Pebbles Project
- I came to the MOT Coaches training to enhance my skills and knowledge, and I am happy to say that I am now more equipped to do the job of strengthening our youth. The training has fulfilled my expectations, and I feel confident and empowered to make a meaningful impact on the youth in our communities. – Ashwill September
- I found this weekend to be very enlightening, and the activities we participated in were thought-provoking. Despite my prior experience, I was receptive to new knowledge and tools, and I am pleased with what I’ve gained. I am excited to apply these insights to my work as a MOT Coach and make a positive impact on the youth in our community. – Gavin Fortuin from Pebbles Project
- I found this weekend to be really helpful and productive. I learned a lot and gained some new tools to use as a MOT Coach. I am excited to start working with young people and helping them build important life skills. – Ednah Manganye from False Bay TVET College
MOT SA is excited to have equipped our new MOT Coaches with skills and knowledge to grow and develop the youth of South Africa.
The MOT Programme is designed to help the youth become courageous and empowered to face life’s challenges with resilience, awareness and courage – Courage to Live, Courage to Care and Courage to Say No. The MOT Coaches’ Basic Education is a vital part of MOT South Africa’s mission to create a better future for the youth.
Stay up to date with MOT SA
Check out our latest competition here and please enter!
Follow and like us on our social media platforms below for even more interesting content on the following links: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | TikTok | YouTube | Subscribe to our Newsletter here